- Method of practicing: Satipaṭṭhāna, Observation of rising and falling of the abdomen
- Precepts: All meditators (Yogi) must strictly observe all eight precepts (morality).
- Food: Buffet breakfast and lunch will be served daily. Juice will be provided in the evening
- Bedding: A clean set of bedding, i.e., pillow, blanket and mattress, is prepared and readily available for each yogi.
- Cloth for layperson:
- Men: White shirts with sleeves, and longyis (sarongs) or black or white pants.
- Women: White shirts or blouses with sleeves. Dark brown, or black or white pants or long skirts.
- The meditator shall bring necessary amenities adequately for personal hygiene such as underwears, nightgowns, towels, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, detergent, dishwashing liquid, sponge, tissue paper, torch light, garbage bags, alarm clock, mosquito repellent, glass, and medicines, etc.
- Fee: Donation accepted. The retreat runs base on donation. Your donation will help to support the propagation of Insight meditation and that enables us to continue providing meditation training courses to those in need. Any amount of donation is appreciated.
“Sabbadānaṃ Dhammadānaṃ Jinati
The Gift of the Dhamma Excels All Gifts” (Dhammapada Verse 354:SakkapanhaVatthu)
All meditators must leave his/her cell phone as well as other communication devices with the staff upon checking in on the first day and claim it back upon leaving. In case of emergency, or necessary, please contact the staff on duty.
Accommodation for retreat at Sorntawee Meditation Center
- Meditation hall does not have air condition
- One residence (Kuti) can only accommodate one person (some with or without bathroom).