Sayadaw U Zatila’s Meditation Retreat Application
Please read General Rules for Meditator carefully.
“The meditator who violate the rules will be asked to leave the retreat”
GENERAL RULES FOR MEDITATORS
- Meditator must practice according to the daily time schedule and must practice the walking and sitting meditation at the Dhamma Hall.
- Meditator should refrain from unnecessary talking. Socializing is not encouraged.
- Meditators must not do any activity that would disturb other yogis at all time.
- Meditator must not get involved in activities not related to meditation.
- Meditator must strictly adhere to the meditation teacher instruction and should not practice any other meditation methods.
- Meditator must not report his/her practice to anyone except his/her meditation teacher.
- Meditator should keep writing and reading to absolute minimum.
- Meditator should use telephone and internet only when it is necessary.
- Consuming of alcohol, drugs, and smoking are prohibited.
- Going outside of the meditation center is prohibited except receiving the permission from the meditation teacher.
- Meditator must have sound mental and physical health.
- If problem arises, meditator must contact staff.
The meditator who violates the rules will be asked to leave and may not be accepted to the retreat in the future.
Daily Time Schedule:
|04:00 – 05:00||Walking Meditation|
|05:00 – 06:00||Sitting Meditation|
|06:00 – 07:30||Breakfast* and Personal Chores|
|07:30 – 08:30||Sitting Meditation|
|08:30 – 09:30||Walking Meditation|
|09:30 – 10:30||Sitting Meditation|
|10:30 – 13:00||Lunch* and Personal Chores|
|13:00 – 14:00||Sitting Meditation|
|14:00 – 15:00||Walking Meditation|
|15:00 – 16:00||Sitting Meditation|
|16:00 – 18:00||Drinking Juice and Personal Chores|
|18:00 – 19:00||Dhamma Talk (or Sitting Meditation)**|
|19:00 – 20:00||Walking Meditation|
|20:00 – 21:00||Sitting Meditation|
|21:00 – 21:15||Metta Chanting|